...and it turns out I am related to my father. Shocking, I know.
My blood type is B+. This means that I have the same blood type as 8.5% of the United States. Apparently the place for me to be if I get in a horrific accident and need copious amounts of blood is Korea, where that blood type is 26.1% of the population.
My father decreed that I have his blood type and am therefore immune to all diseases. My sister, however, is O+ and therefore must have my mother's blood type, thereby making her susceptible to such things as Herpes Simplex Virus-1, which results in fever blisters/cold sores.
My mother and sister did not take kindly to this decree and glared menacingly from across the dinner table. It was a sight to see.
So, Toni, now you have to find out what blood type you are. Odds are your parents know their blood type, so you can narrow it down to a 50/50 scenario. Get to work on that! Inquiring minds need to know!!!
af